Starting a New Sigma Zeta Chapter
Sigma Zeta welcomes the formation of new campus chapters interested in furthering the purpose of the society as stated in the mission statement:
A national undergraduate honor society to encourage and foster scholarly activity and recognize academic scholarship in the natural and computer sciences and mathematics
Steps to forming a Sigma Zeta chapter at your College or University:
- Gather a group of science and math students and faculty interested in a science honor society for all science and math students. Sigma Zeta includes all science and Math oriented departments, majors, and students. Especially important is one or more faculty willing to actively encourage and support your local Sigma Zeta chapter and to hopefully also become involved with the National Sigma Zeta organization.
- Submit a new chapter application form. You may wish to contact the Executive Director for information as you are completing this step.
[rich text version of chapter application form | word version of chapter application form]
Sigma Zeta National Office
Dr. Jim Hall, Exective Director
Our Lady of the Lake University
411 S.W. 24th Street
San Antonio, TX 78207-4689
210-434-6711 ext. 2245
- Upon submission of a new chapter application, the application is considered for approval by the Executive Council.
- Upon approval of a new chapter, the chapter is named, and the new chapter is installed at a ceremony on the campus of the new chapter.
- Then your new local chapter begins the work of building your local group to foster scholarship in science and math on your campus and also to share your work with the larger national organization.
More information can be found in the Sigma Zeta Constitution.