2016 Officers & Advisors Meeting
Highlights of the Fall 2016 National Officer's Meeting
Sigma Zeta National Officers met on Saturday, November 5, 2016 in Tampa, FL. The main agenda item was the review of 22 requests for research awards from Sigma Zeta student members across the country. Click read more to see highlights...
- Officers visited six local colleges and universities to share information about Sigma Zeta.
- Two schools have expressed interest in forming new chapters of Sigma Zeta on their campus.
- Almost 800 new members were installed at local chapters of Sigma Zeta in the last year.
- Recommended that Nominations for the new Student Representative national officer position approved at the 2016 Convention should be submitted via a brief online form by March 10 and that voting for the Student Representative position will be by paper ballot with each attending chapter allowed one vote.
- Awarded funding for 21 Sigma Zeta Research Awards to support student research. While all proposals were of merit, limited funds allowed full funding of only 5 Research Awards with 16 more receiving partial funding.
- Plans for the 2017 convention are well underway for what sounds to be a great and exciting National Convention hosted by the Gamma Eta Chapter of Marian University in Indianapolis, Indiana
- The officers worked hard for the organization and despite the Florida venue, we were not aware of a single officer even having time to visit those "white sand beaches".