Student Research Award Application
Student researchers use this form to submit a Student Research Award Proposal. Proposals are due annually the 3rd Tuesday of October. The maximum award is $500 per proposal and funding is dependent upon proposal merit and available funds. A letter of support from your research advisor/mentor is required and should be submitted by the Research Advisor using the Student Research Award Advisor Support Form.
Criteria for Research Awards [Evaluation Rubric]
- Experimental Design: Clarity of goals, hypothesis and/or research question
- Quality of Writing: Well written, proofread, example of good scientific writing
- Literature cited: Representative of field of research and properly and completely cited
- Length, Budget, Timeline: Feasibility of completion based on methodology and timeline proposed
- Strength of letter of support from research mentor